I love Thanksgiving. Seriously. It is my favorite holiday. I love thinking about it, planning the recipes, buying the ingredients. I love solving the puzzle of how to get everything on the table hot and ready at the same time. Figuring out how long the bird will take and whether there will be enough time to heat the casseroles through while it is "resting" on the counter. The only thing that could make Thanksgiving better would be having a second oven to bake rolls in all day long. We need a lot of rolls around here for proper festivities and there never seems to be enough oven time available....
A second oven and a cleaning crew to get my house ready for guests....Thanksgiving Nirvana!
PS Jane Schell- If you are praying against our selling our house in MO I will never forgive you! I can't compete with that kind of clout with the Lord. ;-) Besides, even if we moved back you would just move away yourself silly girl! Come move to WA!!
3 comments:
A great way around the double ovens is to get a roaster oven. I am completely converted, and I think it is the best way to cook a turkey. It turns out really tender and juicy, and it frees up your oven for all of the other goodies. We bought one two years ago, and it has not failed.
I love Thanksgiving too! The planning, the recipes, the shopping . . . I love it all! And I agree about the roaster oven. Perfect solution.
Don't worry Rachel...I would never do that...no matter how much I wish we lived closer. I sure hope it sells soon.
Post a Comment