Sunday, November 15, 2009

Umm...Hi?

At some point a blogger finds herself having crossed a line of no-return.  When it has been SOOO ridiculously long since the last post that she feels mounting pressure to make the first "new"post something really worth waiting for.  This of course is tremendous pressure which results in said blogger putting off posting in hopes of some muse to rescue her.

Sad to say but my muse seems to be AWOL and I miss you all chiming in on my life so I'm just plunging right in with a boring old run of the mill post.

To sum up the last six months (seriously lame of me I know...)

Our house is still un-sold and a serious bummer for us.  We are soliciting the prayers of the faithful in our behalf.  Prayers and actively courting large families to relocate to Rolla, MO...

Our trip out west was delightful filled with family, National Parks, waterslides and Disneyland.  Dunn did a great job posting pics with commentary of all our adventures on his Facebook account so go check it out.

Our house here in WA is perfect for us.  The ward has been warm and welcoming and has great opportunities to give and receive in the gospel.  It is primarily a military ward and with the constant turnover and frequency of families being without their daddy due to deployments there is always something to jump in and help out with.  I am serving as Luke's primary teacher (we have the biggest primary I've ever seen.  I have 9 active members of my class and there is another CTR 6 class with at least 8 members as well. We are in a Stake Center with a full size choir section and for our primary program we filled it up with all the extra chairs we could squeeze in and still had to reserve the first three pews down front to fit all our kids in!)  and John is happy as a clam serving as Scoutmaster.  

The kids are all in school and settling in.  Dunn had a good cross country season though he misses his MO coach.  He is now starting swim season which is a big branching out for him but he figures it to be a good skill to learn for cross training and triathlons.

Zach is wrestling this season and Chase is never more than a moment away from finding himself on the ground in a half nelson.

Chase, Emma and Luke, are enjoying school and making friends as always.  We have gone on some amazing hikes and adventures and they are real troopers.  Check out Zach's blog for a report on our mammoth ordeal of "Mother Mountain Loop"  17 miles in two days with full backpacking gear for all.  

Luke is in school full day and I am blissfully autonomous from 8:30 to 3:30 every weekday.  It is a delight each day.  It may take years for me to get over what a treat it is.  One would think my house would be very, very clean but I seem to find other things to fill my time....

I have found some friends and classes to attend at the gym on post so I am trying to rebuild my routine but it will never be the same as with Kari and Jane.  That was like the Xanadu of workout land... 

John is loving living the student life and we love having him home every night for dinner. I'm still not exactly sure what a PrevMed doctor does and frankly I'm not sure John knows either.  We are hoping it all becomes clear sometime in the next three years.  His latest mania consists of talk of jockeying for a three year research job in Thailand as our follow on assignment after graduation.  I am trying very hard not to freak out about this.   I hear they have great beaches and I really like that peanut sauce they put on chicken--  

6 comments:

Kathryn said...

I'm so, so glad you came back! Missed you!

Rachael said...

Hey Ray, thanks for the update, sounds like things are going well. I can't imagine having my days free! Tell the kids and that big brother of mine hello.

Mary W said...

Holy coly! If you move to Thailand and I coming over to be your maid!!!!!!!

MEGAN said...

So glad to have you blogging again. I am not sure how I feel about the Thailand thing. You guys can't move that far away! Hope everything is going well. I will pray that your house sells soon!

Tom and Jane Schell said...

Wait...am I dreaming? Did Rachel really post to her blog? Oh...pinch me. Amazing. No, earth shattering! Okay, so I don't up date mine that much either, but 6 months was a long wait. Luckily I can still keep in touch by phone. I miss you Rachel and I'm glad you finally posted something.

Tom and Jane Schell said...

P.S. Don't sell your house! Just move back here as soon as possible.