Monday, May 17, 2010

Track Meets

This is Zach's first track season. Here he is getting geared up for the anchor leg of the 4x100.
After gearing up all there is to do is wait for his teammate to come around the corner... He hasn't dropped the baton yet-and has even won a couple of races. He may not be the fastest but he can out gut most of the kids his age given enough distance.


Dunn runs the 1600 and 3200 for his track team. For the non-metric folks out there think of it as the 1 mile and 2 mile. These shots were taken after the 1 mile (five minutes of gut busting running) while trying not to think about the 2 mile looming at the end of the meet.
Water is good. Thinking about the upcoming 11 minutes of torture while racing the 3200 is bad...

2 comments:

Tom and Jane Schell said...

Awesome! I can't believe how much the boys have grown. Especially Zac! He looks like he has some pretty powerful arms and shoulders now. I can't imagine running the mile in 5 minutes. I wish I were that fast.

MEGAN said...

Holy cow. I am impressed. Way to go Zac and Dunn!