Friday, February 22, 2008

Big laughs in the Big city

For John's birthday this year I surprised him with tickets for us to go see the comedian Brian Regan in St. Louis.  If I was really blogger savvy I would put a link to a YouTube clip of him doing a sketch right here --- so you all could see how funny he is.  Of course, I'm not, so I didn't but you really should look him up on YouTube and have a good laugh on me.  He is very Sienfeld-esque in his wry observations of everyday life mixed with the plastic face/physical comedy aspect of Jim Carrey and the best part is his routines are always completely clean.  No swearing or off color subjects.
We had to drive up in an ice storm but it was completely worth it.  My cheeks hurt from smiling and laughing so much.  We stayed the night in St. Louis and John arranged to moonlight a nine hour shift up there and I took advantage of kid free time in the big city and spent the day shopping.  It is a credit to my mad bargain hunting skills that even after unfettered access to Costco, Target, Pottery Barn etc. my spending did not outpace John's earning for the day and we drove home from our adventure in the black.

No comments: