Okay so I'm completely guilty of blog neglect. Let's just dispense with the self flagellation and move on.
My sister Sarah and her family came to visit us while en route to Paul's new job in VA. I think it was the first time we've seen Paul in far too many years. Dunn was amazed at how short his uncle had grown. Short or not, Paul quickly reminded his nephews of how truly cool he is by playing all sorts of Wii games with them and introducing Zach and Chase to the wonders of a Rip-Stik. Now that they've had a taste it tops both of their letters to Santa this year.
Paul made a whirlwind car purchase and then went on ahead to find a home for the family and I got to enjoy Sarah and the girls for a week. What a great time. "The Scherbellettes" as John likes to refer to them are a sight to behold. Each one cuter and blonder than the next with Baby Rachel an absolute show stopper bringing up the rear. (not that I would have any bias towards a namesake or anything but I tell you, the girl is cherubic.) See below for evidence.
Two Rachels happy as can be!!
She may have a tough time defending her turf though as Bear is due to deliver baby #5 in March and she obviously has a strong track record of producing cute munchkins.
Paul found them a great house and Bear hit the road as soon as she heard the news. After six months of separation from either husband or household goods or both she is happy to be sitting in her own house, amongst her very own boxes with her very own family. I'm so happy for her and so happy we got to spend a week together.




2 comments:
I'm so happy to see you update your blog! After a few tumbles, my kids refer to rip-stiks as rip-a-skin-stiks. They probably have them on their wish-lists too.
Fun to hear the Sarah and family update.....glad to hear they are back in the USA, bet she's a happy mama!
Post a Comment