I was worried about this race going in but it turns out I should have upped my apprehension by a factor of ten at least. The ligaments and tendons in my knees just were not prepared for the pounding. John, bless his heart, stayed right with me the whole time. We finished about fifteen minutes slower than our race in Memphis. Fifteen minutes slower and about a thousand percent more beat up. I am a pathetic, gimpy version of my former self. Thank heavens for ice and ibuprofen.
Pictures and more details to follow.


1 comment:
Eeesh. I felt very beat up and VERY sore after my first 1/2 marathon. I went into it and figured, if I can run 7 miles, I can probably run 13 miles. WRONG! I took a beating. I wanted to run the whole thing, but I definately paid for it. Good job! Is this your second 1/2 marathon? I am impressed.
Post a Comment